Showing posts from June, 2018

CSS/JS Animations - Black Thunder FLL Website

I haven't posted for a few days, and in that time I have begun reading 'The Territory' , by Sarah Govett, and finished Black Thunder FLL's website! I have greatly increased the efficiency of the JS; have been working mainly on this file  (see the file history by clicking the History  button, or going here ). Firstly, from what I have read, 'The Territory' is a very good book: I love fantasy. Secondly, I have made Black Thunder FLL's home page a lot  more efficient (and hopefully bug-free). I used to use setTimeout() statements to remove the underscore from the end of the title and main text. This was very inefficient, for multiple reasons: Sometimes the typewriting code was delayed, so the underscore was never removed; CPU usage was slightly higher, as the computer was running a timer; Instead of utilising the already running function, I ran another; The value of the final text was hard-coded, so there were two variables with the same contents

Black Thunder FLL Website

Over the past few months, I have been working on improving the experience on Reading School's Robotics Club's website ( ). I have worked on numerous animations, and spent a whole weekend coding a cookie notice (instead of revising!). Most recently, I have been incorporating this beautiful link styling from @ lukemeyrick on CodePen . I was browsing the internet for the most aesthetically pleasing link/ button animation I could find; I stumbled across a reference to @ lukemeyrick 's beautiful design. I tested it on CodePen, and immediately fell in love. Credits to him for creating such lovely styling. The implementation stage began, and the within 48 hours, it was up-and-running. I altered the colour slightly, and removed the container background, but overall it was very easy to include. Currently, I'm working on an animation bug in which the YouTube channel and Twitter feed temporarily cover the main text. This can be reproduced by cli